Super Brand Day is Lazada’s effort to support its LazMall global brand partners by launching a 24-hour shopping event spotlighting the brand. Generally, it’s packed with exclusive brand promotions, limited edition freebies and products, exciting giveaway contests, and even offline events leading to the so-called D-day.
Ultimately, the goal of this sales tactic is to drive brand awareness by highlighting the brand and what it offers to online shoppers. Furthermore, Super Brand Day demonstrates Lazada’s relationship with global brands onboard its LazMall platform. In particular, this includes Estee Lauder, Procter & Gamble, Philips, Unilever, Samsung, Xiaomi, and many more.
First-ever Lazada Super Brand Day Events
Together with Estee Lauder Companies, Lazada kicked off its first-ever Super Brand Day in July 2018., The e-commerce giant tied up with MAC Cosmetics and launched a series of mini-events in celebration of the National Lipstick Day.
The Lazada x MAC Super Brand Day took place across the region, particularly in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Subsequently, more brands like P&G diaper product Pampers and tech giant Xiaomi joined the bandwagon within three months. Both brands had the privilege to launch a one-day online retail event throughout Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
Super Brand Day Benefits
While initiating an event like this can be tough and tedious, you’ll know it’s worth your while if you look at the success stories of MAC Cosmetics and Realme Malaysia.
In its pioneering event kick-off, both brands had their share of accomplishments in many ways. For instance, according to a PR Newswire article, below was the outcome of the event:
- Across all countries, the number of M·A·C lipsticks sold on Lazada in one day exceeded the total average sales for six months
- M·A·C gained over 278% new followers to their official store on Lazada reaching highly engaged and mobile-first beauty consumers
- The social posts and hashtags such as #MACXLAZADAMY, #MACXLAZADAPH, #MACXLAZADASG and #MACXLAZADATH and influencer activation gained more than 16 million impressions and generated more than 130,000 interactions from online social buzz
- Six in 10 orders came from outside metropolitan cities, demonstrating Lazada’s ability to help brands reach the rising middle-class in every corner of Southeast Asia
On the other hand, Realme Malaysia’s first Super Brand Day event in 2019 also set a new record with incredible results. Take a look at the Lazada x Realme Super Brand Day by numbers below:
- 800% uplift orders sold for the Realme 2, Realme 2 Pro and Realme C1, compared to average daily sales
- 700% sales uplift versus average daily sales
- More than 8,000 new followers on the Realme Flagship store on Lazada
- Over 16 million impressions and more than 233,000 interactions on social media with hashtags #RealmeXLazadaMY and #SuperBrandDay
Is there a fixed date for Super Brand Day events?
Unlike other sales promotions like the Birthday Sale or 11.11, Super Brand Day has no fixed date. It can happen in any month throughout the year. Though, the date generally depends on how the partnership is arranged between the brand and Lazada.
However, if you’re aiming to kick it off prior or during a worldwide celebration like Mothers’ Day, you can do so with arrangements in advance.
Commonly, Lazada holds four Super Brand Day events in a month, once a week. And D-day usually falls on a Wednesday, preceded by a teaser every Tuesday.
How to Start Your Own Super Brand Day Event in Lazada
The shopping event is currently exclusive to LazMall brands, particularly global brand owners who have been in the platform for a certain period. Brands go through Lazada’s application process two months in advance, so as to have ample time for preparations.
If you’re a qualified LazMall brand, here are the 3 steps to send in your application:
- Get an application form from your Brand Key Account Manager.
- Fill up the form with the required information and send back to your Brand Key Account Manager.
- Lazada will process and review our application within 7 days. By then, results will be announced.
Remember that Lazada has a timeline for submitting such applications. Deadline of submission is every second last Friday of the month, while the announcement of results is every last Friday of the same month. Most importantly, the submission must be done two months in advance to provide both the brand and Lazada plenty of time to make all the necessary preparations.
For example, if you’re planning to launch an event in September 2020, make sure to submit your application on or before 24 July 2020. After which, the results will be revealed by 31 July.
Now that you’ve learned the basics, dive deeper into more information about the Super Brand Day with the following resources:
Lazada Guides for LazMall Brands
Other Marketing Strategies to Complement with Your E-commerce Campaign
- Facebook Ads for E-Commerce
- Facebook Carousel Ads
- Video Marketing: Facebook Live Best Practices
- Benefits of Video Marketing
- Social Media Marketing: Benefits of Wall Contests
- Content Marketing: GIF Animations
E-Commerce Case Studies
- Sofina Singapore used Facebook and Instagram ads to promote 11.11 deals
- Sanitarium Singapore tapped Facebook ads to drive RedMart sales
- Bosch Singapore used Facebook carousel ads to send traffic to its Lazada store
IH Digital is a digital marketing agency in Singapore that offers 360° e-commerce services from LazMall store management to advertising. Spanning Southeast Asia, we also have offices in Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
If you’re interested in how Lazada can boost your e-commerce strategy, click below to schedule a consultation soon.
IH Digital, IH Singapore Pte. Ltd. and Digital 38 are members of the IH Digital Group.