10 Sep Why is Website Development Crucial to Your Business?
The answer to this question is simple. You build a website so that people can find you when they search for your product online. A recent study from GE Capital highlights that 81% of customers conduct an online research before making a purchase. So, if you want your product to be found online a website is your solution.
Take a look at three essential factors for a business to consider when developing a website
- Accessibility: Using HTML 5 to ensure that users can access the site across every mobile platform or having a CMS with design so that users can conveniently access the site.
“A recent study from GE Capital highlights that 81% of customers conduct an online research before making a purchase”
- Dynamic content: Content should be updated 3 times a week or the minimum number should be 1 time a wee
- Layout & Usability: Get the website working by making sure that the SEO is in place and not forgetting to install Google Analytics to keep track of the website performance.
Having a website is necessary but having an efficient content management system (CMS) is equally important. Why spend so much money building a website from scratch when you have an ready-made CMS platform like WordPress that you can make the most of. Why should you opt for WordPress? For starters, there is no setup cost. As for the more reasons, read on below
- It is used by millions of users and developers across the globe.
- It has multitude of plugins available at your reach. You can pick the best plugins suitable for your business.
- It comes with a Responsive design (HTML 5) templates. This means that the website can be displayed across every mobile device. This makes it convenient for users to access the website anywhere, anytime.
- It comes with affordable themes. Most of templates are less than US$200. They are professionally made and ready to be installed.
- It is secured. Many of world’s big brands such as ESPN, TIME and CNN rely on WordPress.
Now that your website and CMS are up and ready to roll, the next stage is to optimise your content so that it is searchable on Google. This is where SEO comes into the picture. For those of you who are still not clear on what SEO means and what it can do, let us give you a definition to it.
Search engine optimization (SEO) increases visibility on every search engine for your website. SEO guarantees that when users search for a specific keyword relating to your product, an organic search result of your product will appear on users’ search engine. you should aim for your product to be ranked on the first page of the search engine results as most users are not likely to move on to more than 5 pages of the search result and more likely to trust links that shows up on the first page.
Ultimately, what every business seek to achieve is to increase number of leads that will generate more sales. Traditional marketing may have been sufficient for your business to thrive so far but as consumers shift their attention to the online world marketers must adjust their marketing strategy to be more online-oriented. Because let’s face it, you do not want the 81% consumers who search the Internet to find your competitors instead of you.
If you’re looking for an expert to guide you through the website development process, let IH Digital be your partner.