27 Sep The Pros & Cons of a One-Page Website for Online Marketing
We’ve shared with you the to-do list on how to create a functional website for your business. Now let’s discuss another website predicament that most digital marketers have for their online marketing efforts – most of them ask, “Is a one-page website already good enough for my business?” This digital marketing trend might be popular through the years but let’s weigh in the pros and cons if it’s the right option for your business.
- One-page websites present content in a simple and easy to navigate manner. Users can just scroll down to find what they are looking for compared to clicking numerous links.
- As scrolling is already natural to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram users, one-page websites provide also a better mobile experience.
- They are also easier to set up and maintain. Since all your content is on one page, you can easily put up your website and keep it up-to-date. Costs are usually much cheaper as well.
At IH Digital, we are a digital marketing agency that can set up a one-page website for your business within a day. If you need a simple website that can display the basic information about your business, we have the team to help you. Check out our one-page website showcase for Siam Paragon Mall and Ming Garden Hotel & Residences.
- Opting for a one-page website requires careful planning. Incorporating all the content and design in one page is a tough job as you might miss out on some important matters or you might overdo it – bombarding users with too much information on one page.
- SEO will also be challenging. Increasing traffic will be hard since there is less content.
- The loading speed could also get hurt. Putting all information, images, graphics and videos on one page can make your site load slower which is a key factor for SEO. The overall performance of your website could suffer.
- To increase website traffic, you need users to share the content on your website. This can be difficult for them if as they only have one link to share. Separate pages with unique links that have specific content are easier to share.
- With a single URL, it can be difficult to analyze if your website performs well. In multiple-page websites, it’s easier to track page views and traffic so it’s also quicker to know what to improve. On one-page websites, it’s hard to refine your digital marketing strategy when you don’t know what aspect your website is failing.
- There is more design flexibility for multi-page websites and a variety of themes available.
If you prefer a multi-page website so you can show the wide variety of products and services that your business offers, we also have online marketing experts to assist you. Enjoy the perks of having a backend admin management for your convenience. Araya Hong Kong and Travel141 Singapore are a few of the multi-page websites that we have designed, developed and are currently managing.
So what’s the right option for you?
There’s a constant debate on which among a one-page or a multi-page website is better. But the right option really depends on what your business offers and what goals you aim for. If you have a small enterprise that does not offer numerous products or services, you can take advantage of the simplicity that a one-page website can offer. However, if you have a huge business that needs much traffic to your website or internet advertising is your goal, we recommend you to have a multi-page website where you can have specific pages for the things that you sell. Simplicity can still be incorporated on multi-page websites, you just have to produce your content well. Don’t try to bombard your consumers with too much information and plan your content accordingly.
Your website is an investment. Consult with our experienced internet marketing team to be confident in deciding the right option for you. Explore our website design services.